Good housekeeping and hygiene practices are your best form of defence against microbial contamination. Prevention of Biomass build up should be your number one concern.
The first rule of defence is to undertake regular scheduled drains for water from the bottom of your tank or using a dipstick and Water Finding Paste dip your tank for any signs of Free Water in the bottom. If any water is discovered it should be removed immediately. Fuel Test recommends testing the water with our FUELSTAT® Test Kit before discarding it to confirm whether it contains any live microbial growth, as anything growing should be dealt with straight away.
The second rule is to monitor the condition of the fuel in the tank on a regular and scheduled basis by sampling and testing the fuel. To assist with your sampling procedures use our Sample Extraction Kit and range of Sample Containers. Once you have collected your sample no other equipment is required. Simply TEST YOUR SAMPLE ON-SITE using our rapid FUELSTAT® Test Kit then record and treat as required.
Thirdly, once results are gained and if contamination is confirmed, treat the fuel with a shock dose of either a Biocide or a concentrated Fuel Conditioner. While Biocides kill the microbes (bug), Fuel Conditioners act on the water, treat the fuel and eliminate the bug in the process.
Our Product Range Includes, but is not limited to:
- FUELSTAT Resinae Plus test kits for Aviation Fuels – part # FHR8-2
- FUELSTAT Diesel + Biodiesel test kits – Part # FMD8
- 400ml PTE plastic sample containers
- 1000ml PTE plastic sample containers
- 250ml glass sample bottles
- 500ml glass sample bottles
- 1000ml glass sample bottles
- 500ml Tin sample containers
- 1000ml Tin sample containers
- Complete Fuel Sampling Kits
- 25L Grotomar 71 Biocide
- Fuel Sample Extraction Kits